1. I (the client) understand that Robert G. Smith is not a licensed counselor, psychologist, therapist, medical doctor, nutritionist or any other medical professional, he has no formal training in these fields and he does not portray himself as such.
2. I (the client) accept complete responsibility for my emotional and/or physical wellbeing before, during and after sessions or classes, and I will instruct others I share these techniques with to take the same responsibility for them.
3. I (the client) agree that it is my responsibility to notify my therapist and/or physician prior to using these skills and agree to their supervision if suggested. I will continue to take all my medications as prescribed and remain under the care of my physician or therapist for any medical, emotional or mental condition for which I am currently being treated or believe I may need treatment.
4. I (the client) will not use these techniques to try to solve a problem where my common sense would tell me it is not appropriate.
5. I (the client) take full responsibility for what I do with these techniques and will hold harmless Robert G. Smith, or anyone else associated with the techniques, from any claims made by myself, or anyone whom I seek to help. Subject to the other provisions of this agreement, I may use any of the techniques on behalf of others or myself.
6. I (the client) understand that the services provided by Robert G. Smith are limited to education pertaining to my overall wellbeing. I understand these services may include his physically tapping on my body at various acupressure meridian points. I grant my permission for limited physical contact. I agree to tell him immediately if it causes me any physical discomfort. I understand that these techniques may reveal some problems I had forgotten, but they don’t cause new problems. I understand I can accept or not accept any recommendations and I can terminate our relationship at any time.
7. I (the client) understand that my full identity will NOT be disclosed without my prior consent, if the issues I address during PRIVATE SESSIONS are shared with others in a general way, for the purpose of educating them about these techniques.
8. In the event I (the client) am in a group session or class, which is being recorded on video and/or audio media, I agree for Robert G. Smith to use my name, image, likeness and/or voice. I hereby release all claims on confidentiality, interest, royalties, reproductions, distributions and public access of such media.
9. In the event a private session is recorded in the format of a written document, video or audio media, I (the client) understand that all records are confidential and will be for private use by Robert G. Smith or made available to me for an additional fee. Any records of private sessions will not be viewed by anyone else without my prior written consent. I (the client) will not record the session without Robert his knowledge and permission.