When you have written out your questions or comments, please fill out the Contact Information below.
When you are ready to Submit your form, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the blue “Submit” button. (The Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics are below for your reference, so it’s a long scroll!)
We will be in contact with you address your questions or comments.
– Skills to Change Institute
The Skills to Change CODE OF CONDUCT sets minimum standards for Professional Conduct for eutaptics® Practitioners and is underpinned by the CODE OF ETHICS which expresses the ideals and aspirations of eutaptics® Practitioners and which, along with the eutaptics® Training Seminar and Practitioner Certification Agreement, is hereby incorporated by reference.
Please be aware as a eutaptics® student you are still required to read and sign the code of conduct:
The Skills to Change Ethics Advisory Committee reserves the right to amend the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics as is deemed necessary. Thank you for your ongoing support for your clients, yourselves, and the eutaptics® Techniques.
eutaptics® and FasterEFT Training CODE OF ETHICS
2. SCOPE OF PRACTITIONER’S SERVICES
3. DUE DILIGENCE
8. CLIENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
9. CLIENT WITH DIMINISHED CAPACITY
10. DUTY TO PROSPECTIVE CLIENT
11. COMMUNICATION OF PRACTITIONERS’ SERVICES
13. REPORTING PROFESSIONAL MISCONDUCT
14. COMMUNICATION PROCESS
15. FEEDBACK OR COMPLAINT
16. FEEDBACK OR COMPLAINT FROM CLIENT
17. FEEDBACK OR COMPLAINT FROM CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER
18. PROCEDURE FOR INVESTIGATING A COMPLAINT
The Panel will:
19. SPECIFIC STEPS IN INVESTIGATING A COMPLAINT
20. APPEAL PROCESS
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE
PROHIBITION AGAINST PERSONAL RECORDING AND AUTHORIZATION TO USE IMAGE AND LIKENESS
AUTHORIZATION TO USE IMAGE AND LIKENESS